Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Need motivation? OPEN THIS NOW!!!

Common problem: ‘I’m struggling with motivation – how do you stay so motivated? – how do I find motivation?’

Simple answer you will not change or become motivated when

a) You keep telling yourself the SAME sh*t excuses

&


b) You don’t want to. 


It’s easy to say I want to eat healthy and start training but it is even easier to sit on the couch with a block of chocolate and say ‘tomorrow’….

PROMBLEM #1 - ‘I’m struggling with motivation’

If you find yourself week in and week out at some point saying ‘I need to get my sh*t together, this week I’m going to train and eat so healthy’ BUT deep down you know perfectly well you won’t – you’ve just become sucked into a routine of constantly failing - your brain knows this from the start and so do you!!!

SO

Why are you trying the same method that didn’t work the last 4 times? Get yourself out of that rut and change it up – If you don’t want to eat healthy and train you won’t, so you’re not struggling with motivation you just don’t want to be motivated – there is a difference.

If you truly want it - you’ll get it.

PROBLEM #2 - ‘How do you stay so motivated?’

I don’t!

I’ll go through phases were I’m determined as hell and won’t rest until my end outcome is met and there is also phases where I’ll sit on the couch with fish and chips and watch hours of breaking bad.

Only difference I’m aware of my phases and when it’s GO time I make sure I’m ready to start and get shit done – you can’t expect to be motivated all year – set goals – make a plan – crush them…

I’ve come to the realisation that I’ve been fluffing through the last few month with no real end goals – so what did I do?

Tell myself I’m going to eat really well starting Monday…

NO

I contacted Ellie Dean booked in a photoshoot in 3 weeks and entered my self in to be the face of Women’s Health 2016 BOOM!

If that doesn’t get me back on the broccoli bandwagon don’t know what will!

Which leads me to my last point…..


PROBLEM #3 ‘How do I find motivation?’

Find something that equally excites but scares you.

Don’t give me the same old I want to tone up bullshit.

From experience I’ve been most successful in hitting goals and staying motivated by having a timeline with an end date, the goal must put me out of my comfort zone, be a challenge and must scare me – simply because I know if it doesn’t hit those criteria I just won’t do it.

Don’t be afraid to aim high – motivation doesn’t stop once you leave the gym.

I find the more people I tell and the more I say what I want aloud the more efficient I am, the more I want it and the more accountable I am to those around me.

e.g If you tell everyone you work with you’re doing FebFast then the week later you’re talking about how you are going out on the weekend and you’re going to get wasted – how silly do you now look?!? 

We can all create our own reality… 

Stay Strong & Stretch, 
Tel X

No comments:

Post a Comment