Monday, February 23, 2015

I had 4 red snakes and a V for lunch...

Why would I tell you this?

I mean it isn’t something I’m proud of!!

And I should be setting a good example for everyone….

And I probably wouldn’t even of noticed I did this if it wasn’t for keeping a food diary.

We naturally tend to forget about the ‘bad’ foods we eat usually because well we know we shouldn’t be eating them and we want to forget it happened!! But when I see people train hard and tell me they are eating well yet their body isn’t changing to reflect this I know that there is a very good chance their food intake isn’t as good as they think it is….

This is where a food diary comes in.

It is cold hard facts on what you are consuming. You write down what you are eating (straight after eating it other wise it ends up in the ‘it might slip my mind’ basket) and at what times you are eating every day for 1 week. And we discover that those little pixies that are coming into your wardrobe every night and tighten your clothes are in fact that bag of chips or that bottle of wine you’ve consumed without even realising you’ve consumed it!

Now don’t get me wrong I don’t expect anyone to record what they are eating forever it becomes to obsessive and unrealistic but if you find that you’re eating ‘good’ yet you’re not seeing changes in your body this technique will come in handy and may highlight the reason why. 

Like myself for example, I feel I eat really well I mean I haven’t had Maccas or KFC for almost 3 years now and I’m no longer a chocoholic but I decided to record what I was eating and was truly surprised– Saturdays food intake was as follows:


Saturday Feb 14th

8am Water on rise 500ml (feeling sore as hell from strongman sesh – mainly traps and left wrist which is bruised from double clean and presses with 16kg kettlebells)

10:30am double shot soy latte also bought a chicken and avo focaccia for matt but he wasn’t home so I ate it lol

10:30am-
work/study/learn (1L water)
Painting house/Renos

3pm x4 red snakes and a can of V

6:30-8pm Valentines day dinner Thai – x2 satay sticks, roti, chicken cashew stir-fry, coconut rice and some pad thai


And my above statement stands I THOUGHT I was eating really well because there was no chocolate or takeaway but as you can see when I’m busy I don’t really focus on what I’m consuming nor do I think about it and I wonder why by Sunday I have a headache and feel like crap! By writing it down it made me realise I need to be a lot more organised over the weekend and make sure I’m eating enough of the right foods.

This may be something that is happening to you! Trial it out and let me know how you go!

Stay Strong & Stretch,
Tel x

No comments:

Post a Comment