Monday, June 29, 2015

ALL FEMALE CLASSIC - THE DAY


Let’s start at Saturday night – after my second day of spray tanning I had a pretty chilled night just packed my bag ready for an early start and long day and made sure I remembered everything- I was nervous about not sleeping but honestly slept like a baby! I think because I had been water depleting (I had had 1L that day) I wasn’t waking up every hour to go to the toilet!!!!

I woke up fresh, excited and super tanned morning – you don’t wash the second coat of tan off what I got sprayed with Saturday I wore on stage Sunday (I smelt delicious!)

I had my rice cakes with banana and honey for breaky took my 500ml of water that I was allowed to have for the day and off I went to get my hair and make up done.

8:30am – HAIR & MAKE UP– I just wanted a simple curl no fancy up-do’s here and the make up with air brushed I seriously felt like I was wearing zero make up and shocked myself every time I looked in a mirror! I was out of there by roughly 10am looking flawless!

10am Matt and I left Zora’s and headed straight to Moonee Valley racecourse…. I was pumped!!! I had Biggie Smalls blasting in the car and was ready for an epic day!!!! My tanner (Donna, who was unbelievable!!) wanted me to pop on my bikini straight away so she could check out my tan and also make sure the bikini was on properly.

No problems! I went and got changed and as I slipped into my bottom SNAP – my bikini broke. I kid you not.

What did I do?

Cry, quit and throw a tanty?

Nah – come too far for that bullshit I remained calm and quiet – remembering I packed safety pins – I managed to pin either side (as both sides snapped!!!!) it was a dodgy job but hey it if it was gunna come off on stage a) least everything was tanned and waxed and b) I’ll get noticed right? Hahah

The thin clips were plastic and I will be sending the company an email today as $400 bikinis shouldn’t break on SHOW day!!!!

After the whole bikini saga Donna fitted my bikini and oiled me up – I had another two rice cakes and started pumping up for my first stage for at 12:30pm –Fitness Model First Timers Bikini round Class 2.

Still not nervous?! What was going on? Surely I should be feeling butterflies? I stood next to these beautiful and absolutely shredded girls and kept thinking what the f%ck am I doing here? I’m going to look ridiculously on stage next to these girls!!!

Before I knew it my group of 10 was lead back stage and the MC was announcing us – being the tallest I was the last in the line up so didn’t have to walk right across the stage and risk face planting lol.

On stage you couldn’t see much just bright, hot lights shining on you like a deer in headlights. I remained calm in my mind but my adrenaline had other thought and I could not stop shaking not matter how many times I repeated ‘it is just like posing practice’

Number 18 Chantel Graham – It was my time to shine – I must admit I was super happy with my stage walk I didn’t stuff any of it up – I maybe went a little quick but I felt focused and awesome it was a huge high!!!

After the individual introduction walks come the quarter turns so judges get to look at all angles of your body.

The judges took for everrrrrr which I guess was good because it was a tough decision – I got moved from the end into the centre which was even more exciting and then boom before I knew it off the stage we went.

My heart was pumping out of my chest, my muscles felt like they were cramping from holding posing for so long and my cheeks were aching from smiling so hard!

Matt was back stage luckily to help calm me down telling me to take big breaths – I felt awesome out there! I knew I wasn’t the leanest/smallest but f%ck I haven’t been training my arse off to look small I wish I looked more sculpted but with the time I had I was super happy with my body it looked strong and fit and looking the video my arse was on point! (Thanks mum!)

I didn’t place and that’s okay I mean it would have been the icing on the cake but trust afterwards I still got plenty enough cake :P

This is just a brief run down of the day next post with me more post comp thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment